Thursday, September 16, 2010

What is this thing they call Blogging?

I must admit, I am nothing more than an absolute newbie at this blogging stuff-but totally in love with the whole concept!!  Social websites have gone through a true metamorphosis in the last few years, and I can't believe I missed the whole blogging phenomenon.  I remember a few years back, my sister Kristen introduced me to the wonderful world of Myspace.  I instantly became addicted.  I spent hours learning how to design my page, even learned a little about HTML.  Photo albums, music players, slideshows-you could literally get lost in the wide world of Myspace.  I must admit I even spent an entire sleepness night sitting at my PC creating, creating, creating. Not long after finding Myspace, I learned all of the real fun was over at Facebook.  I created an account there, and really, my first thought was, "How Boring."  No backgrounds, no slideshows, no photobucket inspirational quotes jumping out at you.  But, it was destiny, Facebook had something Myspace didn't-simplicity.  It was extremely user friendly.  Before I knew it, I was hearing from Molly from fourth grade, my long lost friend from college, and the cousin of my friend Sally from Girl Scouts.  Everyone was on facebook, and I mean everyone.  Even people you never thought you would see again, whether you wanted to or not.  Before long, Myspace became the abandoned amusement park of the internet, and we were all exchanging status updates over at Facebook.  I still miss Myspace, but I guess its just because I love to decorate and express myself that way. From what I have seen on various blog sites, almost anything goes with blogging, as long as you use correct "blog etiquette."  I will definitely have to find out what that is all about-it seems if you don't people can become offended easily.  I am excited about learning how to blog, and I am rushing out to buy a copy of "Blogging for Dummies" ASAP!!!

1 comment: