Sunday, March 3, 2013

Happy 18th birthday Will!


Sort of a Vandy themed cake



















Eighteen-yes, he turned eighteen yesterday. I really cannot believe I have a child who can now legally vote or get married without my consent. That being said, my birthday boy only has ambitions of becoming a world-renowned research scientist and professor. Thank God. It does seem a little crazy that the same man standing next to me was the 7 lb, 3 0z newborn who looked up at me with his big blue eyes and won my heart. Wasn't that just yesterday? It's gone by way too fast. He wanted to keep his birthday celebration family only and very low-key (he knows low-key is not his mom). It was very, very difficult for me to sit on my hands and not throw him a big surprise party-even though his wish was to have a quiet day. We did a wonderful birthday lunch at his favorite restaurant, Famous Daves, and made him a great big steak for dinner. As we are now less than 200 days away from Will starting his freshman year at Vanderbilt University, he received all kinds of cool Vandy swag. Honestly, I want to buy everything I spot with any type of Vanderbilt insignia on it-I couldn't be prouder of him and the fact that he got into Vanderbilt-he truly achieved a dream he's had since he was a little bitty boy. We are still celebrating the letter he got from Vandy admissions back in December!

Will with his two biggest fans-his baby sisters. He's sporting
his new Vandy scarf and sweater vest-both gifts from his sisters
and us.


Will's Gran Gran bought him a Vandy bedspread-
he loved it!

Blowing out the candles 
Happy 18th Birthday Will! I could not be prouder of the man you have become. I look forward eagerly to watching your future unfold! Never forget though, no matter how grown up or successful you become-forever my baby you'll be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment